Sunday, July 20, 2014

Frittata

While in college and living away from home my mother gave me a gift of the ICA Cookbook.  I must say that my favourite recipes are the strawberry sablé and the roast chicken with onion and thyme stuffing.  On a recent stay in An Grainán I took the Cookbook with me and decided to give the courgette and feta frittata a try.


What I needed:

6 eggs
2 tablespoons of cream or milk. I chose milk
Salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of oil
1 small onion. I added in half red and half white
1 courgette
100g of feta cheese. I chose goats cheese for extra flavour
1 hand full of mint

I thought that I had all the ingredients but then realised I had forgotten to pick up the mint, and so a trip to An Grianán Garden Center was necessary. This was great as I now had the mint for my recipe and the extra bonus of a plant for my garden to be used for future meals and drinks.

Here's how i got on

Well what can I say about this, it was delicioso! The recipe itself is also incredibly versatile and can be made to suit meat lovers and vegetarians. The possibilities for flavour combinations are endless. This dish is simple to make and is perfect for a lazy lunch or dinner.

What Ingredients would you add if cooking a frittata? Comment and share :D

This cookbook is available in most bookshops 
For more information email ICA head office at office@ica.ie or An Grainán at admin@an-grianan.ie

No comments:

Post a Comment