Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Sugar Craft

Sugar craft is essentially 3D cake decoration and can be done with fondant, chocolate or sugar paste. I love baking but never have decorated my cakes with anything beyond icing sugar and some sprinkles. With that in mind, I attended last Monday’s taster craft class in central office to add some creativity to my baking creations.

I brought with me some, sugar paste, icing sugar, a sponge cake, a rolling pin and a cake board. The class started off with Edward Hayden demonstrating some sugar craft basics and design tips. 

 Here’s how I got on…
I had never iced a cake with sugar paste before and found covering the cake without ripping the icing quite difficult, I had to attempt this three times before perfecting it. Deciding on a design and making the flowers to decorate the cake was a lot of fun and with more time I certainly would have tried out more elaborate designs with all the equipment Edward had brought along with him.

It made for a very enjoyable 2 hours. Everyone left with cakes almost too beautiful to eat.

For more information contact An Grianán at admin@an-grianan.ie or 041 9822119

For more information about Edward and his recipes http://www.edwardentertains.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment