Sunday, May 24, 2015

Blackrock ICA Craft Group

I was invited to attend one of the Blackrock Guild’s craft nights by an ICA member and I cheerfully accepted.

The ICA Blackrock Guild’s craft group have been meeting once a week for 20 years to craft and catch up in a fun and relaxed atmosphere.

When I arrived, I was greeted with tea and shown the spacious craft room.
There was so many different craft projects being made, and with so much talent, the room was abuzz with tales of craft experiences and advice. I myself am currently interested in dressmaking, and was given loads of advice on starter patterns and the best fabric shops.

While I was there, I idly worked away at a stitched card and gleefully listened to the members talk about there various projects, show their creative talents, and give advice to myself and each other on current and future projects.
Most if not all ICA guild hold craft nights, and I personally cannot wait to attend another.

For more information about craft class and groups contact An Grianán at admin@an-grianan.ie, 041 982 2119 or the ICA at the ICA at admin@ica.ie, 01 668000

No comments:

Post a Comment